Monday, May 11, 2009

Fewer Americans Taking Vacations This Summer

No kidding. According to an MSNBC story posted today, the number of vacationing Americans will be down this summer.

I can tell you that there will be fewer Honigs vacationing this summer as well. Since March I've been on a corporately mandated reduced work week which also means a reduced salary. All thanks to the poor economic conditions we're experiencing. This directly translates into fewer lesiure dollars to spend, which means no real vacation this summer.

Instead we'll be taking a few long weekends and car trips to Chicago, Michigan and Niagara Falls.

I can also vouch for many of my co-workers who will be going to the Lake of the Ozarks instead of one of the coasts. Of course I'm partial.

The whole point of course is that until the economy gets better, most people won't be splurging on big vacations. That's OK with me because I'm looking forward to spending time with our friends and familiy that we'll be hanging out with this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment