Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Is It Really A Mystery Why The Indians Season Is In The Drink?



So I took Zach to his first summer soccer practice on Sunday. He was with dozens of other 4-year-olds running around in t-shirts that were waaay too big. As I was talking with the other dads I knew, we all recognized someone who really should be at work.

Everyday.

Mark Shapiro is the Indians General Manager.

I'm sure he's a good guy in his personal life and a great dad (he was there with his daughter), but we (my friends) exercised great restraint not to drive him off to the airport to join the road trip in progress or shake things up in the clubhouse. Here's a suggestion - take away the ping-pong privileges until a 3 game winning streak happens.

Shouldn't he be focused on turning the Tribe around instead of 4-year-old summer soccer?

Just kidding Mark. I just couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment