Saturday, July 12, 2008

But I'm his girlfriend

So the phone rings this morning at 5:55. At first we couldn't figure out what was making that noise. Once we realized it was the phone, our first thought was "uh oh." And it only got better from there.

Nancy answers and it went like this:

Nancy - (groggily) "hello"
Caller - Is Doug there?
Nancy - who's calling?
Caller - This is Sherrie. We're supposed to meet for coffee.
Nancy - hold on
Nancy - to me - what's going on?
Doug - I have no idea
Caller - I'm his girlfriend and we're supposed to meet for coffee.
Nancy - you have the wrong number. Click.

So that's great. Some random crazy woman calls and even more randomly gets my name right. And then asks my wife (who I'm laying next to) to meet me for coffee.

Of course I took her name & number from the caller ID and Googled her, confirming that I have absolutely no idea who she is. It wasn't the California realtor with the same name. And no one else really matched with her.

And that's how Saturday started.

No comments:

Post a Comment