Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Relaxing over the weekend

After flying out to Seattle and back in 2 1/2 days, we headed north to Michigan for the weekend. That made four states for me on Friday (I changed planes in Minneapolis).



We spent Saturday walking around the Ann Arbor Art Fair and had a great time. The show is enormous and we didn't even see half of it despite our best art-seeing efforts.

Nancy bought a beautiful bracelet and there was plenty of people watching (my favorite thing to do).





Out to dinner with the kids on Saturday was great fun and they got ice cream. Luckily there were no obvious foot-fetishists around.



Early on Sunday I squeezed in a round of golf. Then the weather cleared and we spent the afternoon on Walled Lake.

What kid doesn't like playing with lake sand and beach toys?



Then the most fun thing happened. Nancy went tubing. It's unfortunate that there are no pictures of her. I really don't like to dissapoint you all, but I was on the tube right next to her and couldn't really manage the camera at that time. We laughed. We screamed. We spit on each other (we're not really into that, but it happened. A lot).

Then the kids and I swam out to this water-trampoline/slide thingy. Sophia recently passed her deep water test and did great. Zach tried his hardest but needed some help.





To no one's surprise, the kids fell asleep within minutes of starting our drive home. And they slept for nearly 3 hours. I loved when Sophia woke up crankily (it's a word) and vehemenlty denied napping. So I told her that I know she didn't nap. Especially for the last few hours.

What a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment