Tuesday, October 21, 2008

HR update

Here's the update that will for now close the book on what happened earlier this month with "Betty." (Reread what happened on Oct. 3.)

While I was debating what further action to take, my witness, unbeknownst to me, talked with my manager about what happened. My manager then came to talk with me about it and encouraged me to discuss it with our HR manager.

So I did.

She took down the details of the incident and told me what would likely happen - a woman who works in the corporate HR department in a diversity tolerance kind of role would probably contact me to talk about what happened.

Well it turns out that several other people had a problem with Betty. I don't know any other details about what she did, except that she must have been saying some pretty bad things.

By the time that my complaint was recorded, this corporate HR woman had enough in Betty's file to take action. A meeting was held late last week with Betty, her manager and an HR representative.

I don't know the results of this meeting, nor have I seen Betty since the problem occurred. I'm happy though, that I wasn't the only one to come forward about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment